I LOVE our small group so much. They keep me inspired, they keep me filled with a desire to know and love Christ, and they make me laugh so hard!! This Christmas we decided to "adopt" a local family by helping them out with gifts and Christmas dinner. Travis and I were blessed to be in charge of shopping for a 10 year old girl who loves Hannah Montana!! WHOO HOO!! (This is also the family that we baked cookies for a few weeks ago...I hope they liked them!!)
Before our actual Christmas party, a few of us drove over to the family's house to give them the gifts, turkey and cookies. They were very sweet and gracious. We actually only met the mom, aunt and some cousins. The dad and kids from our family were out and about so that they wouldn't know we came. That makes it even more special...they will be so surprised!! :)
When we got back to the party, we had an interesting "Mount Fuji" meal...I think that's what it's called...it was interesting...but I think everyone loved it! You basically build your own meal...start with chicken and rice, then you can add celery, almonds, pineapple, green onions, coconut on top for the snow on the mountain, soy sauce, broth, etc...I tried to google it to find the "recipe" but it's nowhere to be found...did Penny just make this up?!? haha...I love it!
We also had an eventful White Elephant Exchange...always interesting...this year there were no live gifts...so that's always a good thing!! :)
I can't wait to see what God has in store for this group in 2010!!!!!
doesn't she look thrilled?!?
ooooooooh yes....nothing like some humongous panties and funky slippers to make a new mommy feel good about herself!! haha
Sweet Bob and Penny
Wow! What a great gift! Too bad it was an air compressor that Lee had loaned to Jeff...and that Lee wanted back!!!
Jeff- you should totally be a model, and Kim- you just keep workin' it girl!
Jason...I hate to tell you, but I don't think you need this...(hair removal tool)
Travis and precious baby Brooks (3 months)...he is starting to look so much like his big sister, Landyn!!









1 comment:
Haha to funny! Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment