This summer, my mom's parents moved down to the D'Hanis house to truly retire. They were ready to slow down to the small town pace in the town that my grandmother grew up in. They live right next door to her sister-in-law and close to lots of other friends and family. I think they are loving it!
The day after Christmas, we went down to stay with them for the weekend. All together, there were 19 adults, 2 small children, one baby and 4 small dogs in the same house! :) It was fun!! Colby slept in his pack-n-play in my grandparents' closet! haha....it was perfect. We even had his fan and video monitor set up for him in there. The wonderful thing was that there were no windows and no light, so one morning he slept until 9am!
Every year we get together with my mom's extended family- about 60 adults and 25 kids. You wouldn't believe it unless you could see it! The adults do a Chinese gift exchange and the kids 18 and younger get stocking stuffers from everyone. The amazing thing is that we have done this every year for as long as I can remember....and we have video from BEFORE I can remember. I never thought I'd actually have a chance to see MY baby get his own ranch stocking. (and ironically, his stocking is my old stocking!!) It's always an awesome day, and this year was no different. Colby definitely got sleepy and cranky, but my baby-whisperer cousin, Jordan took him outside and walked around with him and he loved it. Thank you Jordan!!
babies and stockings (baby John in the striped shirt is 6 months, Colby is 9 months, and then Brynlea in the green is 12 months- SO CUTE)
Family picture at the Ranch
older kids with stockings
Grandmas!
When we got back to the D'Hanis house (back down to 22 people) we had dinner (YUM) and Macey family Christmas. All of the kids draw names and exchange gifts...I got the cutest picture frame from HB that says "Blessings come in all shapes and sizes". We put a family picture in it and hung it in Colby's room- it's perfect!!!!
Colby with daddy, Pops and Uncle Doug
Jayci was so sweet with Colby :)
This sums it all up!!









No comments:
Post a Comment