Since this was our first year with Colby, we wanted to start some traditions that we could continue for years to come. We wanted the Nature in Lights at BLORA to be one of them! It's a park at Belton Lake that is transformed into a Christmas wonderland from November-January. Basically you drive through several miles of different Christmas scenes made out of lights. There are reindeer dancing, Santa golfing and fishing, and MUCH MUCH more. I had heard stories of people waiting hours to get in the gates and then hours to get through the lights, but I was determined for Colby to see the magical lights before Christmas!
We did wait an hour to get in the gate, but Colby was a trooper...he didn't get fussy until we only had about 20 minutes left. It was a really fun family experience, and I hope we continue to do it every year! Maybe next year we should try a little earlier in the season...
I hope the police don't check blogs....I promise I only had him out of his seat for a short time!!
mommy in the back seat for snack time
The pictures aren't great...tight spaces and darkness are not the best conditions for photos. :)
I can't wait until next year when Colby will REALLY love the lights. Maybe we can even get out at Santa's workshop and Mrs. Claus' cookie shop.





No comments:
Post a Comment