Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ranch Weekend

We drove straight from Anthony family Thanksgiving to the Ranch on Thanksgiving night. We decided that would be better than getting up early, and Trav would be able to get up and hunt with my dad and grandpa on Friday morning. It was perfect because Colby slept the entire way! (in his new big boy car seat I might add!!) No one told me that we would have to get a new rear-facing car seat. I just assumed he would be able to use the infant carrier until he was 12 months and we would buy a new chair to face forward....WRONG! The infant car seat has a 22 pound limit....pretty sure we have passed that, so Merry Christmas to us! 4 new car seats!! (one for me, Trav, my mom and Travis' mom) Hopefully these will last forever....we will see...
Anyway! We had a super weekend hanging out with my family and my grandparents at their house in D'Hanis. They just moved down there in July....we didn't believe they were actually going to move down there, but sure enough, they did!! It was fun to see them for an entire weekend. Colby was extra spoiled with Mamaw and her lipstick, and I was extra spoiled having more than enough help with him. I took a 3 hour nap both days that we were down there!! That is RARE these days. It was nice. Travis shot a doe and a javelina, my little brother shot a 9-point buck, and my dad shot a HUMONGOUS RATTLESNAKE!!!!!! The story is that my dad came to pick up my grandfather from his deer blind. Papaw got out of the blind and came out to the truck, but he forgot his field glasses in the blind, so he went back up to get them. On his way back down, my dad saw the huuuuuuuuge rattlesnake (that Papaw had just walked right on top of 2 seconds before that)....long story short, dad killed the snake, Travis skinned it, and it is now vacuum sealed in my freezer...lovely!!

I can't wait for our next ranch trip over the Christmas break!! Look out D'Hanis- here we come again!!!
Colby and Papaw hangin' out next to the bar...haha

Mamaw's favorite job!! Colby was kind of fussy the whole first day we were down there. I thought maybe it was just because we had a long Thanksgiving day and were completely off schedule. Boy, was I wrong!! Saturday morning, as I was trying to calm him down, I just felt inside his mouth to see if there were any new teeth. (I was secretly hoping that there would be...I like to have clear reasons for fussy days) Sure enough, there were THREE new teeth coming in on top...poor baby!! Since then, the 4th top tooth has come through as well, so our tooth count is up to SEVEN!!!!

advertising for Perry's! :)

Colby and his daddy

Colby with his Uncle Doug

Colby and Pops

I love this picture!! Doug Jr., my dad, Colby, Travis, and Papaw Macey

1 comment:

Jenn Pitts said...

I'm lovin' Colby's camo! He looks like a little hunter already!