I'm going to do some catching up tonight!!! I promised myself that this year, I was not going to stress out over the Christmas season. It's sad when you have to remind yourself that this is supposed to be fun. :) This is the time of year when Christmas busyness is added to our regular everyday busyness. Work, school, studying, tests, 9 month old beautiful baby boy who is cutting new teeth all of the time, has to be fed and changed constantly, needs 110% of our attention and love, sinus infections, meetings, parties, 2nd grade madness, friends, family, groceries, budgets, blah, blah, blah...it can all be completely overwhelming. Right now I feel like God is trying to teach me some specific things...1) worrying and anxiety is a sin...if we trust him, there's nothing that we need to worry about. Give it up to him, and trust that his plan is perfect. Travis and I read a great prayer this week in our bible study workbook that really hit me...part of it said "I know that nothing comes to me that hasn't passed through you." What a simple reminder!
2) Life goes on...we get caught up in our own expectations. I need to stop letting little things get the best of me just because they didn't go the way I wanted them to go. 3) prayer is powerful... I think that's pretty self explanatory... 4) God can work in us and through us...if we put our own plans aside and let him
I think that adding pictures from the past few weeks will help to remind me how blessed I truly am. I need to bring it down a few notches and enjoy life...otherwise, I might miss something really good!!
1 comment:
Love your reminders- SO true! And I love all the adorable pictures of Colby and your family!! Yay for the Christmas season!
Post a Comment